AS 9100D AEROSPACE INDUSTRY SPECIFIC COURSE
The course is offered by SAI Global and in cooperation with NVT Quality Certification, the course will be delivered in Bangalore, India and instructed by SAI Global and NVT Quality Certification Approved Trainers
- This 26-hours (3-days) course is a highly participative course that provides detailed discussion on a wide variety of Aviation, Space and Defense (ASD) topics as defined by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG). Practical workshops and simulated situations are used to develop an understanding of the material. A one hour examination is conducted on the last day.
- The topics in this course are generally independent of the revision of the standard. When possible, references to the requirements of AS9100D will be made.
- ASD industry quality perspective
- Civil aviation authority roles, responsibilities and regulations
- Principles of military aerospace requirements and regulations
- Government space organization roles, responsibilities and regulations
- Explanation of the process of first article inspection (AS9102)
- Design, development, verification and validation processes specific to the aerospace industry
- Aerospace material traceability requirements
- Aerospace material/parts status accountability systems
- Aerospace subcontractor approval and control requirements
- Explanation of variation management of key characteristics(AS9103)
- Description of flow down of quality requirements
- Explanation of FOD prevention program requirements(AS9145)
- Use of customer supplied products
- Calibration controls and positive recall system
- Acceptance authority media (i.e. use of stamps, stamp control, electronic sign off)
- Nonconforming material,system requirements and operation
- Sampling inspection requirements and limitations
- Explanation of tool control activities
- Discussion of special process requirements
- Explanation of configuration management/requirements control
- Description of the product qualification process
- Description/explanation of the source approval process
Who Should Attend?
- An auditor who wants to become an Aerospace Experience Auditor (AEA) and has 2 years in the past 15 years of full-time work experience in quality activities in the aviation, space and defense arena
- Those who will lead the AS9100 certification or conformity effort in their company
- Anyone who wants to obtain detailed information and a strong background in aerospace activities including Aerospace Experienced Auditors(AEA’s)
- To gain maximum benefit from this course, attendees should already be familiar with the AS9100 Rev D Standard.
He holds B.Tech (Electrical Engineering) from IIT Chennai and has working experience in manufacture, assembly, maintenance and quality assurance of civil and military aircraft for 35 years at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, India. He is a qualified lead auditor for QMS from BSI, AS9100D, AS9110C and AS9120B from Plexus International, USA. He has carried out more than 450 audits for AS9100, AS9110 and AS9120 for premier aerospace organisations worldwide.
R. C. Chaturvedi:
He holds B.E (Mechanical Engineering) from Maulana Azad College of Technology, Bhopal and Post Graduate Degree from Sup. Aero., Toulouse, France and has working experience in design, manufacture, maintenance, quality assurance and marketing of helicopter and aviation products for 38 years at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, India. He is a qualified lead auditor for QMS from BSI and AS9100D from Plexus International, USA. He has carried out more than 100 audits for AS9100 for premier aerospace organisations.
He holds B.Tech (Aeronautical Engineering) from IIT Kharagpur and M. Tech in Aeronautical Engineering with specialization in 'Aircraft Design and Production' from IIT Bombay and has working experience in Design, Development, Airworthiness, Certification and Quality Assurance for 40 years at ‘Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC)’, DRDO, Government of India. He is a qualified lead auditor for QMS from BSI, AS9100D from Plexus International, USA. He has carried out more than 50 audits for AS9100 for premier aerospace organisations.